The Orange County Restorative Justice Center is located in Chelsea, Vermont. Our mission is to build and advocate for just communities in Orange County. We are seeking an 8 hour per week Office Coordinator to join our organization! The 0.2 FTE coordinator will work to support the organization with administrative tasks, record keeping, basic bookkeeping and office management.
The ideal candidate will be committed to the ideals of social/racial/economic justice and the work of non-profits. Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to:
- Balance priorities, multi-task and pay attention to the details;
- Work within many different computer programs and record keeping systems, including Microsoft programs and basic online platforms, like Google Forms, and State databases.
- Perform data entry, and learn new data systems.
- Perform basic bookkeeping in Quickbooks, or have a strong inclination to learn QB.
- Work with people from all backgrounds.
- Be part of a team that thrives on open communication and positive attitude.
A high school degree, or equivalent, is required. Ideal candidates will have experience providing administrative support for non-profits or working in a multi-faceted office environment. Knowledge about substance -use and mental health issues, the criminal justice system and community resources is a plus. The position requires strong communication, computer and database skills, with attention for detail.
The position is 8-hours per week (2 half days, or one full day) in our office in Chelsea. Benefits include paid time off and employer contribution to retirement. Remote work is not an option for these limited hours.
The Orange County Restorative Justice Center is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, recognizing, and respecting that all perspectives and experiences are valuable to our team and essential to our public service. BIPOC, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ applicants and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The Office Coordinator must meet the requirements for Department of Corrections background checks.
Email letter of interest, explaining your qualifications, and references to director, Jessie Schmidt, email@example.com.
For more information, visit https://www.OCRJVT.org.
OCRJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Hourly Rate: $18-22/hour; Negotiable based on financial management experience.